BS, Chemistry, 1963, U. of N. Alabama
MA(1970), PhD(1973), Population and Settlement Geography, U. of Georgia
2006. Mel Marcus Distinguished Career Award,Geomorphology Specialty Group, Assoc. Am. Geographers.
2005.Appointed to National Research Council-National Academy of Sciences, Committee on the Mississippi River and the Clean Water Act
2005.(With A. Ward), Soil&Water Cons. Soc. Excellence Award for ENVIRONMENTAL HYDROLOGY
2004 Am. Society of Agricultural Engineers, Blue Ribbon Award for ENVIRONMENTAL HYDROLOGY(CRC Press, 2004) (with Andrew Ward)
2004 Geographers on Film; interview for Assoc. of Am. Geographers archives,72min 2002-present, Listed in DIRECTORY OF AMERICAN SCHOLARS
2001 "A sediment budget for Coon Creek Wisconsin, 1853-1975" by S.W. Trimble (in AM. JOUR.SCI. 283, 454-474, 1983) was selected by PROGRESS IN PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY as a "Classic in Physical Geography"
1999 Fluvial research in Driftless Area featured in SCIENCE, SCIENCE NEWS, ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW and covered by all 3 news services, thus appearing in media world over including THE (LONDON) TIMES.
1998 Visiting Fellow, Hatfield College, University of Durham, UK
1996 Appointed to National Research Council-National Academy of Sciences Committee on Watershed Management
1995 Fulbright Senior Fellowship, UK
1995 Visiting Fellow, Keble College, University of Oxford, UK
1995-present. Listed in Marquis' WHO'S WHO IN AMERICA
1994 Frost Lectureship, British Geomorphological Research Group
1994 and 1999: Visiting Professor, University of Vienna
1978, 1981, 1990: Visiting Professor, University of Chicago
1985: Visiting Professor, University College London
- S.W. Trimble, HISTORICAL AGRICULTURE AND SOIL EROSION IN THE UPPER MISSISSIPPI VALLEY HILL COUNTRY. Boca Raton: CRC, Francis-Taylor, xlvii+ 242 pages (2013).
- S.W. Trimble, "Streams, Valleys, and Floodplains in the Sediment Cascade,"in T. Burt and R.Allison (eds), SEDIMENT CASCADES: AN INTEGRATED APPROACH. Chichester: Wiley, pp.307-343.(2010)
- S. W. Trimble, “ Fluvial Processes, Morphology, and Sediment Budgets in the Coon Creek Basin, WI, USA, 1975-1993”. GEOMORPHOLOGY 108: 8-23 (2009).
- S. W. Trimble, MAN-INDUCED SOIL EROSION ON THE SOUTHERN PIEDMONT. Ankeny, Iowa: Soil and Water Conservation Society. New, Enhanced Edition of the 1974 edition with a Forward by Andrew Goudie (Oxford) and an introductory essay by S. W. Trimble. (x + 70pages (2008)
- )S. W. Trimble (ed), ENCYCLOPEDIA OF WATER SCIENCE, 2nd Ed. Boca Raton: CRC Press. (xlvi+1429 pages, 2 volumes) (2008).
- A.Ward and S.W.Trimble,ENVIRONMENTAL HYDROLOGY,CRC-Lewis Press Boca Raton,Fl,( 475pp+c.25p) Jan.2004 (Winner of American Society of Agricultural Engineers Blue Ribbon Award, 2004
- S.W.Trimble,"Historical Hydrographic and Hydrologic Changes in the San Diego Creek Watershed,Newport Bay,California",JOURNAL of HISTORICAL GEOGRAPHY 29:422-444 (2003).
- S.W. Trimble and P.Crosson, U.S. Soil Erosion Rates-Myth or Reality", SCIENCE 289:248-250. (2000)
- S. W. Trimble and P. Crosson. 'Measurements and Models of Soil Loss Rates", SCIENCE 290:1301 (2000).
- S.W. Trimble,"Decreased Rates of Alluvial Storage in the Coon Creek Basin, Wisconsin, 1975-1993", SCIENCE 285:1244-1246.(1999).
- S.W. Trimble, "Rates of Soil Erosion", SCIENCE 286:1477-78. (1999).
Fluvial Geomorphology, Biogeomorphology, Hydrology, Soil and Water Conservation, Historical Geography.